Saturday, July 30, 2011

Through the Looking Glass


it's a day late aNd a dollar short... my biRthday, that is ~lol. NoNe tHe less I will take this day for what it's woRth as I fiNd myself writing with tHe raVen oN my old wooden desk, tRying to make seNse of so maNy tHiNgs at this age.
{tHe MoMe Raths sigN says, "we aRe not to know eVeRy twist aNd tuRn of life..." Yet tHe Dodo BiRds say that I haVe to run with tHe otHeRs}
A lot to process aNd aRticulate, gettiNg absolutely no wHeRe running with tHe otHeRs, yet feeliNg suRe of tHe yesterdays for eVery toMmoRrow I liVe, iN tHe diRectioN I seek to go.
Perhaps my babble has tHe best of me, let me see if I can bRiNg a bit of claRity...

A spRite youNg heart with woRn out wiNgs, wiser by tHe day; that wHeN I do what is right for me, it eNds up beiNg tHe right way... to what it is I aM searching for.
CoNfused by eVeRyday woRds, Church doctriNe, law, scieNce , phylosophies, maNkiNd. So quick to waNt to coNfoRm my ideNtity.
{Ruled oVer by tHe Mad Queen of HeaRts, "we aRe not alloWed to be iNdiViduals"}
FiNdiNg myself soul searching eVeN moRe now, perplexed, I tuRn to
16yrs of coMpressed research iNto a 2yr kaleidoscope {aboVe tHe door} oNly to fiNd that tHe woRld I write makes moRe seNse these days tHeN tHe coNfoRmed oNe I liVe iN.
An opportunity to follow my oWn heart aNd do what is right for me.
LiViNg tHe oNe 'stoRybook' wHeRe I get to tHiNk for myself for oNce, use my heart to navigate. Using my yester~years as a stepping stoNe for what my toMmoRrows may bRiNg.
A new seNse of faith, a whim, doesN't matter, it feels all tHe saMe.
RealiziNg that I neVer missed tHe boat iN life after all.
IM right wHeRe I should be... flippiNg through tHe pages already written. Grateful for tHe wiser years giVen, while discovering aNd dReAmiNg of tHe new path of my veRy oWn toMmoRrows.

aRt JourNal of www.poeticgarden.com