Thursday, November 25, 2010

Poetic GaRdeNs jourNal


I had such a hard tiMe articulating what I waNted to write in my jourNal today. It's ThaNks GiviNg, how haRd could it be to express my gratitude? But soMetiMes it's the silent whisper or nudges in life that leave us loss for words on purpose.
SoMetiMes lil' moMeNts can take our breath away aNd speak what our heart is tRyiNg to say. As I was waiting in liNe getting groceries this past week, a quote posted up on the wall next to the check out staNd said this...

"Living in ThaNksgiviNg Daily"

Be grateful. Every day is a new canvas ~ a new opportunity. President Gordon B. Hinckley has said: 'My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms aNd eNjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive. I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult aNd sarcasm aNd eNdoRse virtue aNd effort.' Choice blessiNgs await those who live in ThaNksgiviNg daily." by Elder Joseph B. Worthlin

I asked the clerk if she could make a copy of this quote for me. I folded it up aNd placed it in my purse. As I walked through the Church store getting the help aNd grocery items I needed, the words fRoM this piece of paper raNg out loud aNd clear as if what was written was speaking straight fRoM what my heart lives for each day.
I left the Church Grocery Store feeliNg huMbled by the help I had just received with a cart full of free groceries to get by with aNd a silent reMiNder of how grateful I am for the blessings I have been given.
This quote stays in my purse as a constant reMiNder of how iMpoRtaNt it is for me to be coNstaNtly living in a miNdset of gratitude aNd tHaNkfulNess.
~Blessed Be fRoM the jourNal of poeticgarden.com aNd Happy ThaNks GiviNg